Taller air monitoring stations are being installed in the interior of Ascon near the 16-foot barrier fence, with additional safety measures for the environmental technicians who climb the stations to collect data.
Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of October 7 is planned to include:
- Installation of 16-foot tall air monitoring stations inside Ascon to replace stations near the 16-foot barrier fence
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented
- Air quality monitoring continues
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary
- Potential for field activity related to winter rainy season best management practices for stormwater management, in compliance with Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit
- 24-hour onsite security continues
Have a Question or Concern?
Please contact the Ascon community information line at 714-388-1825 or email [email protected]. If there is a potential emergency, please call 911. Find information about Pit F and view telemetry air monitoring data here. Sign up for AsconAlert, an opt-in community alert system for the Ascon project here.
Please subscribe for email updates.