Recent activities at the Ascon site this week include:
- A carbon trailer used for the onsite water treatment system was removed from the Site on Tuesday via a truck with trailer hitch.
- The field team conducted equipment maintenance and cleaning on Monday and Tuesday near the northwest corner, as some large equipment must be demobilized during this time.
- A forklift to unload the 16-foot barrier fence panels arrived onsite on Tuesday.
- Small trailers special ordered for offsite air quality monitoring arrived onsite on Wednesday. The onsite team now will begin retrofitting these trailers to prepare them for use as offsite air quality monitoring stations for the community in the near future.
- Fence panels for the 16-foot barrier fence are scheduled to arrive on Thursday, August 1, and will be stored inside the Site until installation of the barrier fence begins.