Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of December 16th is planned to include:
Beginning Monday, December 16, field activities will include:
- The installation of a fire hydrant on Magnolia Street with temporary lane closure. The work includes a flag person for traffic safety. Air monitoring and dust control measures will be implemented during the work. This work is anticipated to conclude before the end of December. Please refer to the November 25 post of Project Updates or the home page for more information.
- Continuing “winterizing” field activity to prepare the Site for the winter rainy season by implementing best management practices for stormwater management, in compliance with the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit. For more information, please see the October 8 post on Project Updates.
- Mulch application as part of winterizing activities relating to stormwater management
- Delivery of supplies for winterizing field activities
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented
- Air quality monitoring continues
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary
- 24-hour onsite security continues
Thousands of feet of straw wattle have been placed in excavated zones of the Ascon site, as part of storm water management best practices. This activity involves delivery of lengthy rolls of straw wattle to various areas of the Site and the use of mini excavator equipment to help tamp down an indentation into the soil. This activity does not involve excavation. The straw wattle is placed in the indentation and stakes are hammered into it by hand to secure the wattle. If you have seen some workers in coverall or “Tyvek” suits, this is because the ground is damp from recent rains and workers are preventing their work clothing from becoming muddy. This activity and other stormwater management practices are inspected by the City stormwater inspector.
Please subscribe for email updates.