Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of December 23 is planned to include:
Beginning Monday, December 23 through January 6, there will be no field-related activity at the Ascon site over the holiday season. Security will remain at the Site.
- The installation of a fire hydrant on Magnolia Street has been completed. The taller fence panel behind the hydrant will be installed after the holidays, to complete the 16-foot fence in that area of the street.
- The implementation of “winterizing” best management field activities to prepare the Site for the rainy season have been completed and are in compliance with the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit. These actions included the installation of sediment screens, thousands of feet of straw wattle, placement of sand and gravel bags, and the application of mulch. There will be continued inspection and maintenance of storm water management measures.
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented
- Air quality monitoring continues, with pauses on some holiday dates per the schedule posted on this website on December 23.
- 24-hour onsite security continues and an on-call team will be in place over the holidays
The Ascon team wishes the community a joyous holiday season and a happy New Year!
Please subscribe for email updates.