Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of July 1st is planned to include:
- Weed abatement and brush removal beginning July 1 to July 3
- Preparation for future cleanup work in the Pit F enclosure
- Preparation for installation of taller barrier fence along Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street, subject to City of Huntington Beach permit approval; this activity will include some grading and tree or brush removal prior to barrier installation
- Dust and odor mitigation measures will continue to be implemented, including the use of Posi-Shell® (see June 19 post)
- Active measures will continue to be taken to monitor air quality
- 24-hour onsite security continues
Have a Question or Concern?
Please contact the Ascon community information line at 714-388-1825 or email [email protected]. If there is a potential emergency, please call 911. Find information about Pit F and view telemetry air monitoring data here. Sign up for AsconAlert, an opt-in community alert system for the Ascon project here.
Please subscribe for email updates.