Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of June 3rd is planned to include:
- Community Meeting: DTSC will hold a Public Workshop, 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Thursday, June 6, at Edison High School cafeteria, 21400 Magnolia Street.
- Preparation for installation of taller barrier fence along Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street.
- Excavation of the areas along Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street.
- Additional material may be graded in the northwest corner of the Site, near Hamilton Avenue.
- Onsite concrete may be broken for reuse. This material is watered for dust mitigation prior to and during this action.
- Placement of crushed concrete over geotextile in Lagoon 4.
- Odor mitigation measures will continue to be implemented.
- Active measures will continue to be taken to monitor air quality and mitigate odor and dust in work zones and throughout the Site.