Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of November 11th is planned to include:
There will be no field work activity at the Ascon Landfill Site on Monday, November 11, in observance of Veterans Day. Thank you to all veterans, including those on the Ascon team, for your service.
Air monitoring and sampling at onsite and offsite community locations will continue on November 11.
Beginning Tuesday, November 12, field activities will include:
- “Winterizing” field activity to prepare the Site for the winter rainy season by implementing best management practices for stormwater management, in compliance with the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit (For more information, please see the October 8 post on Project Updates)
- Work to remove a driveway on the east side of Ascon will continue as part of winterizing activities relating to stormwater management.
- There will be field work in the southeastern zone swale as part of winterizing activities relating to stormwater management.
- Delivery of supplies for winterizing field activities
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented
- Air quality monitoring continues
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary
- 24-hour onsite security continues
Please subscribe for email updates.