Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of September 9 is planned to include:
- Final removal of any existing chain link fence and use of temporary fence in preparation for installation of 16-foot barrier fence along residential-facing public streets Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street; there is additional onsite security during this work.
- Temporary lane adjustment on Hamilton Avenue and temporary bike lane closure on Magnolia Street, during the hours of 9 am to 3 pm.
- The temporary lane adjustment on Hamilton Avenue removes parking spaces on the north side of the street next to Edison Park between 9 am to 3 pm. This is only during the barrier fence installation and only in the area across from the Ascon site.
- The temporary bike lane closure on Magnolia Street between 9 am and 3 pm continues this week and will occur only during the barrier fence installation in the area next to Ascon.
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented.
- Air quality monitoring continues.
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary.
- 24-hour onsite security continues.
As noted on the graphic below, the 16-foot fence will be installed along the northeast corner of the Ascon Landfill Site after the official restart of remedial excavation work. This is due to the limited space between the edge of the landfill and the intersection signal, which will require some excavation to allow placement of the concrete base and fence panel installation.
Special thanks to neighbors who offered water to our field team during fence installation work. Water is provided in work areas. The Ascon team wants to extend our thanks for the thoughtful gesture.
Please subscribe for email updates.