Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of November 4 is planned to include:
- “Winterizing” field activity to prepare the Site for the winter rainy season by implementing best management practices for stormwater management, in compliance with the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit (For more information, please see the October 8 post on Project Updates)
- Delivery of supplies for winterizing field activities
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented
- Air quality monitoring continues
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary
- 24-hour onsite security continues
Winterizing activities at Ascon include the placement of sandbags in various locations around the 38-acre Site as part of stormwater management. The Ascon Site is inspected regularly by City stormwater inspectors to maintain compliance with the Santa Ana Regional Water Quality Control Board permit.