Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of September 16 is planned to include:
- Final removal of any existing chain link fence and use of temporary fence, gravel placement along existing fence line and concrete base placement along Magnolia Street in preparation for installation of 16-foot barrier fence along Magnolia Street; there is additional onsite security during this work.
- Temporary lane adjustment and temporary bike lane closure on Magnolia Street, during the hours of 9 am to 3 pm.
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented.
- Air quality monitoring continues.
- Weed abatement and removal as necessary.
- 24-hour onsite security continues.
As noted on the graphic below, the 16-foot fence will be installed along the northeast corner of the Ascon Landfill Site after the official restart of remedial excavation work. This is due to the limited space between the edge of the landfill and the intersection signal, which will require some excavation to allow placement of the concrete base and fence panel installation.