Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of August 5 is planned to include:
- Surveyors may be visible at Ascon as they survey power lines and the perimeter terrain in preparation for installation of the 16-foot barrier fence, potential enclosure alternatives, and for logistics and safety measure planning for the use of large equipment near public streets.
- Preparation for installation of 16-foot barrier fence along residential-facing public streets Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street (subject to City of Huntington Beach permit approval).
- Dust and odor mitigation measures will continue to be implemented.
- Air quality monitoring continues.
- 24-hour onsite security continues.