Hello Huntington Beach Community,
Community members are encouraged to sign up for AsconAlert, an opt-in community alert system. AsconAlert is designed to send time-sensitive notifications to mobile phones and email if there are unplanned activities or events on and around the Ascon Site. This system is for more time-sensitive information, it does not replace regular Ascon email updates.
To sign up, text the word ‘Ascon’ to 99411 or register online at https://public.coderedweb.com/CGE/BF3A0A035537. You will be prompted to fill out your information to enroll. Please find step-by-step sign-up visual instructions here. All personal information submitted is confidential and is not available to the Ascon project or any other parties.
If you are unable to sign up online or through text, you can download a sign-up form here and submit to [email protected].
- AsconAlert is specific only to the Ascon Landfill Site project and is not an emergency notification for the City of Huntington Beach or the County of Orange.
- The AsconAlert system does not replace Ascon’s project emails or weekly Site Updates, which are available on asconhb.com.
- The AsconAlert system does not send voice alerts or robocalls.
- Community members must sign up to opt-in to AsconAlert. The Ascon project does not sign up the public without their consent.
There are two types of notifications that you may receive from the AsconAlert system:
- Time-sensitive alerts: An alert regarding a noticeable on or offsite activity such as odors from a Red Tide event, a local gas leak or safety precaution such as a temporary lane closure next to the Site due to Ascon work. A time-sensitive alert may be sent if there is an activity we become aware of at a neighboring property or project that the public may perceive as Ascon-related. When signing up, you can opt-out of receiving these types of alerts.
- Emergency alert: An alert for an Ascon-related activity that may pose a risk to neighbors or an Ascon-related condition or activity onsite or adjacent to Ascon that may require action on the part of nearby residents or businesses. In the event there is an official response by public safety agencies, additional details may be provided by those agencies and in updates via Ascon project emails and on asconhb.com.
To receive Ascon’s Weekly Site Updates, and emails related to the project, such as upcoming work, schedule and project details, visit asconhb.com and enter your email in the “Stay Informed” box at the bottom of the page.