Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of January 20 is planned to include:
There will be no active fieldwork on Monday, January 20, in observance of the Martin Luther King Jr. Day federal holiday.
Starting Tuesday, January 21:
- There will be continued inspection and maintenance of stormwater management measures. This includes additional application in previously excavated zones of mulch and Posi-Shell®.
- There will be field activity to connect the fire hydrant installed on Magnolia Street in December 2019 to an onsite water reservoir. In related activity, the field team continues to remove from the Site several large water storage tanks.
- Supplies needed for ongoing Site maintenance are expected for delivery.
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented.
- Air quality monitoring continues, both on the Ascon site and at offsite community locations.
- 24-hour onsite security continues.
Have a Question or Concern?
Please contact the Ascon community information line at 714-388-1825 or email [email protected] If there is a potential emergency, please call 911. Find information about Pit F and view telemetry air monitoring data here. Sign up for AsconAlert, an opt-in community alert system for the Ascon project here.
Please subscribe for email updates.