Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of January 13 is planned to include:
- Connection of the fire hydrant installed on Magnolia Street in December to an onsite water tower. In a related activity, large water storage tanks onsite will be removed from the Site. The metered water connection will be used during future remedial work. The new fire hydrant installed by the Ascon project will be left in place after the cleanup is completed for municipal use.
- There will be continued inspection and maintenance of stormwater management measures. This includes additional application in previously excavated zones of mulch and Posi-Shell®.
- Supplies needed for ongoing Site maintenance are expected for delivery.
- Dust and odor mitigation measures continue to be implemented.
- Air quality monitoring continues, both on the Ascon site and at offsite community locations.
- 24-hour onsite security continues.
Please subscribe for email updates.