Field work at the Ascon Landfill Site during the week of May 27th is planned to include:
- No field work on Monday, May 27, and Tuesday, May 28, in observance of the Memorial Day holiday.
- Odor mitigation measures will continue to be implemented.
- Excavation of the areas along Hamilton Avenue and Magnolia Street.
- Additional material may be graded in the northwest corner of the Site, near Hamilton Avenue.
- Onsite concrete may be broken for reuse. This material will be watered for dust mitigation prior to and during this action.
- Placement of crushed concrete over geotextile in Lagoon 4.
- The construction of the Pit F enclosure near Magnolia Street is expected to be completed.
- Active measures will continue to be taken to monitor air quality and mitigate odor and dust in work zones and throughout the site.
Have a Question or Concern?
Please contact the Ascon community information line at 714-388-1825 or email [email protected] If there is a potential emergency, please call 911. Find information about Pit F and view telemetry air monitoring data here. Sign up for AsconAlert, an opt-in community alert system for the Ascon project here.
Please subscribe for email updates.